The tenth day of Advent

Yesterday we put up our stockings on our wall.  So happy to have some color and something to look at on the walls and the Cat in the Hat decided that he wanted to have a nice warm spot to sleep so he crept into one of the stockings to take a nap.
 Today our activity was making cinnamon ornaments.  So I made my own dough for the kids to play with. I had to play with the recipe quite a bit because of the humidity that I experience in Taiwan.  So just play with the recipe some with how much flour and liquid you need.  

Cinnamon Play dough Recipe

3 cups of flour
1 cup of salt
3 tbs of cinnamon
5 tbs of oil
1 1/2 cups of water

The kids had a blast mixing the the play dough together. Then they had fun building snowmen and then also making ornaments for our tree.
 Before we mixed everything together. 
 Our cinnamon dough
 They had a blast rolling out the play dough and cutting out the different shapes. 
 Little H was sad that she couldn't make ornaments or more like eat the play dough.
 Their ornaments
 Snowmen

 The Scripture verse for today was Psalm 2:7 – I will proclaim the decree of the Lord; He said to me, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father.”

Comments

  1. We did this today! Thanks for the great idea! Fun to see your life in Taiwan! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts