Saturday, March 5, 2011

A meal out!

We were invited out to eat with the other pastors & elders from Victory.  Here in Hsinchu there seems to be a lot of English and people who are able to communicate in English which has been a pleasant surprise.  The restaurant that we went to, they were able to get us a menu that had the Chinese characters and also a brief description of the food in English.  I decided to go safe and get a salad, vegetarian soup, noodles, cooked vegetables, a mango mousse type dessert and a sweeten milk tea with tapioca beads in it.  I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious my whole meal was.  Little N & Little M split noodle meal together -- Little N gobbled it up and I think Little M would have eaten it if I had been able to cut it up into bite size pieces.
Vegetarian Soup
Noodles with mystery meat sauce, broccoli, mushrooms & seaweed
Cooked Vegetables
Mango Mousse -- Alas I got only one bite of this as Little N & M gobbled it up!
Bubble Tea -- Milk, Tea sweetened & tapioca pearls
Little N wasn't much of a fan of this tea however both Little M and I LOVED this tea.  So good!!
Little M getting frustrated that the noodles were sticking on him!

4 comments:

  1. I just love Mickah's face in that last picture! He does not look pleased with those noodles. And I just have to say, Bubble Tea is practically my favorite tea...the pearls just make me happy=)) Miss you guys!!
    Audra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pics and updates...I check it every day!....Mom and Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audra - yes he was very annoyed with the noodles! I love bubble tea....so delicious!!

    Mom/grandma - no problem!! We should be kept updated now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh.. the food looks so amazing.. enjoy it :D

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to our blog! We try to keep this current for family and friends. We moved to Taiwan in February 2011 and are trying to keep in contact with loved ones through this blog. We love comments and will respond back if you have questions or comments!! Thanks for checking us out!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...