Missing Family

I never realized how fortunate we were....for three years we were an hour away from John's family....if there was a special event going on or we wanted to go up to hang out with the family for the weekend we could.  Then during the summers we would go out to hang out with my family!  I was truly blessed.

Then we moved....but still only an hour and 1/2 away from John's family and still we would make it down for holidays and special events....it got a little bit more tricky because John had a church that we were committed to and sometimes family events and church events coincided but we still got down there quite a bit!  We weren't able to spend the whole summer with my family anymore but I could be out there for a couple weeks or a month! 

Now we are further away from family....man do I miss them -- I miss seeing my parents, my brother & his family, my sister and her husband when we went out to CT for visits.  I miss seeing John's family -- my in laws (who always had the best seasonal candy -- candy corn anyone, and always had ham juice that I could drink (inside joke -- sorry) and I had really good visits with them.  I miss my sisters-in-laws, my brother-in-law and most definitely my nieces and nephews.  Pictures, skype they all help but I miss out on the snuggles, the laughter, the tickles and just the silliness!

The reason for this post is because we got a present....a friend who had a baby gave us a box full of crackers and cookies.....where they got it from was from Aunt Stella's!  

I'm so thankful for the family members that we have!  We miss you guys dearly and wish we could physically spend time with you!

Comments

  1. AAh, that ham juice!! Miss u guys so much, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts