For Grandpa's birthday and because we have an overabundance of marshmallows that we need to use up (well not really but we should use them up!) we decided to make honey nut cheerio (Rice Crisp Bars) bars. But with some changes in them to just experiment and see if the kids would try different things. We had bought the big bag of marshmallows, the big box of honey nut cheerios, a big tub of peanut butter and of course butter all at butter all at Costco (love that place -- a small piece of America in Taiwan). We were slowly using the cheerios and the peanut butter but because we have a huge bag of marshmallows and no easy place to roast marshmallows like our previous residence I figured today would be a fun day to cook and introduce the boys to a special treat.
3 cups of marshmallows
2 tbs of butter
6 cups of Honey Nut Cheerios
1/3 cup of peanut butter
A handful of Peanut Butter M&M's (which are very sacred over here because they were sent over from America -- Taiwan only has Peanut, Plain & I just saw Pretzel flavored M&M's)
- Grease a 8x11 cake pan set aside
- Mix the butter, peanut butter & marshmallows in a pot and cook on medium heat until marshmallows melt...stirring constantly.
- Add the Honey Nut cheerios and stir quickly then pour into your grease cake pan.
- Wet your hands and smooth out the bars so they are even and after that place as many m&m's on top as you would like.....I'm sure if you wanted to you could mix them in so they were through out the bars but I just thought of putting them on there as an after thought.
- Cool thoroughly and then cut bars to snack size slices....Enjoy!