Thankful Thursday 3 - Our babysitter

So back when John went over to Japan the first time a lady from church came up to me and told me that she was going to come over to our house and watch our kids for a couple hours and I was to leave the house.  I was fine with the idea in theory but when it came time for her to come over and I left the house I was at a loss of what to do....I had never had that free time to just walk around.  I walked to the traditional market and explored some but with the groceries already bought for the week and at the time nothing really needed to buy I came back after an hour and a half.  I was refreshed and thankful for the time to just be by myself without needing to be mommy.

Since then it's become a regular thing.  John and I usually go out for a meal (our date afternoon) and then get some shopping done or browse for stuff. The kids love when Stephanie comes over and she loves our kids.  She wants to keeping watching the kids because she knows if we have time as a couple we are more likely to stay longer term over in Taiwan and feel more comfortable here.  She has also helped with other things -- she took me and the boys shopping to help me find some tops for "winter" and she has just taken us to different places and forced us to try different foods (the little boys and I).  Some of the foods we liked and others we didn't care for but at least know we know that.

So thankful for for our babysitter.  I am so thankful that she loves us and loves our kids.  Also thankful that she speaks Chinese to our kids so that they are learning more and more.

Comments

Popular Posts