Happy Thanksgiving

When you live in a foreign country, holidays that you are used to celebrating aren't really celebrated, but there are other holidays that you get the opportunity to learn about and celebrate.  The nice thing is that we have Costco, so we were able to find a frozen turkey to cook, and they had pumpkin pie.  Because it's not an official holiday I had a doctor's appointment in the morning then we celebrated Thanksgiving with our friends.

Dr. Appointment -- Went in for my 35ish weeks visit.  My doctor did an in depth ultrasound with me and because it was a later appointment I had to bring the boys with.  So both Little N and M got to see the baby.  Unfortunately baby girl is breech and if she is that at the next visit the doctor will schedule my c-section, which I would like to avoid at all costs.  Praying that she turns and I can do a VBAC.  Baby is doing well and the doctor told me that I gained too much weight in between the last appointment and this one.  (Not a horrible amount but the Doctor said to just not eat too much before the baby comes.) 

Thanksgiving....we joined our friends to celebrate Thanksgiving. It was a great time - eating, chatting and playing.  The turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie was absolutely delicious.  We brought broccoli and cheese, buns and apple crisp.  It was a nice way to celebrate the holiday and not feel horribly homesick.  Thank you so much for including us in your family's Thanksgiving celebration!  

 Sorry that John riled up all the kids!  It's his gift! 

Comments

Popular Posts