A Glimpse into our world -- Landscaping

We live in an apartment so we don't have a yard that we have to worry about maintaining.  It's wonderful not having to worry about mowing the lawn or trimming bushes and trees but I do miss our garden and having an area for the boys to run around freely without worrying about them.

In Taiwan I have yet to see a lawn mower, if there are grass areas they (whoever does the yard work) wait till the grass gets really long and then take a weed whacker to the grass.  It's just so different from what I am used to, having to mow the lawn and then weed whack the edges.  Okay I really haven't done much mowing but I have done lots of weed whacking. 

Another thing that is just different is that they trim the trees.  Some people have told me that the reason why they cut down the tree limbs is because they don't want the leaves to fall down. They don't have a "fall" season over here, where the leaves change color and fall from the trees because of the sub tropical climate that Taiwan has.  Which could explain why they trim the tree limbs.  Another reason could be that they don't want the trees to get too big so they keep them a certain size for shade.  Who knows the reasons, all I know is that it's different from what I am used to, so I thought I would share with you guys just some of the differences that I have noticed.

This past week they have been cutting down the tree limbs and this morning we heard lots of beeps and trucks outside our apartment window.  So we looked outside and saw 6 to 8 trucks all ready to take the tree limbs that were on the sidewalk.  It was just interesting to watch how many trucks there were and just how it all got done.  It was fun to watch, mostly because Little N and Little M were enthralled with the trucks and the the bobcat.

Comments

Popular Posts