Friday, October 14, 2011

M&M Pie

So I am addicted to pinterest.  Pinterest is a addicting little site where you can build you own virtual bulletin boards and just pin things that you like -- recipes, outfits, photography ideas, quotes, etc.

I have been pinning lots of different breakfast, lunch/dinner, & dessert recipes that I have been slowly trying.   Yesterday I decided to attempt the M&M Pie.  Which works well however it just wouldn't set right away so it was gooey inside.  I made it on Thursday afternoon and by 10 pm that night it was all gone...so it was still really good!

M&M Pie
Adapted from Culinary Concoctions by Peabody

1 - 9" pie crust (just buy a pie crust at the store)

1/2 cup granulated Sugar
¾ cup all-purpose flour
3 TBSP peanut butter
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup peanut butter M&M's

Preheat oven to 350°.

In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, peanut butter, and butter, mixing well.
Add eggs, vanilla, and Peanut Butter M&M’s. Transfer filling to prepared pie crust.
Bake until firm in the middle, approximately 45 minutes.

So with my recipe I halved the sugar.   It was really sweet (too chocolaty for me -- but probably just fine for other people! If I could have gotten my whip cream to work it would have been fine!).  But everyone enjoyed it and I'll attempt to make it again I'm sure; once I put in a request for more peanut butter M&M's (they don't carry them over in Taiwan).

1 comment:

  1. Looks good...think I'll try it AND I'll remember you like peanut butter M&M's! Just showed Daniel the pic, too, and I think he thought it looked pretty good. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to our blog! We try to keep this current for family and friends. We moved to Taiwan in February 2011 and are trying to keep in contact with loved ones through this blog. We love comments and will respond back if you have questions or comments!! Thanks for checking us out!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...