Friday, October 21, 2011

Apple Project

So all this week have been getting ready to do our apple project.  On Wednesday before playgroup we went to the traditional market where Little N and Little M picked out the beans that they wanted to use.  Then I gave Little N money so that he could buy oranges for us (don't worry I was right there) and he was SO proud of himself that he could do it all by himself.
Then today I quick made the template for the apple and leaf that I wanted them to use. (I miss having a printer at home!!) Then we started on our project!  A couple of weeks back I bought them some scissors that I thought would work well for them and be safe, umm...yeah....NOPE!  I'll have to go and buy them different scissors.
I have different expectations for the boys but I did the same project with them.  For Little M, I cut out the apple and "helped" him cut out the leaf.  While I'm sure he would love to do the glue himself...I made the decision that I would put glue on his paper and then he could put the beans on both the red and green paper.  He had a blast! 
For Little N I had John help him cut out the apple and leaf out.  We are pretty certain that Little N is a leftie so it's just interesting to watch him do different things.  He got frustrated easily with his scissors so we let him use our sharp scary scissors.  But I let him use the glue and put the beans on the apple and the leaf anyway  he wanted to.  He had a blast doing it and was focused on doing a good job and not trying to mess up. 
Our apple project was a great way to spend our Friday afternoon before daddy left to go lead youth group.
 Mommy, I can't do it!  Help me.
 Little M putting green beans on his apple leaf and red beans on his apple.
 Little N decorating his apple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to our blog! We try to keep this current for family and friends. We moved to Taiwan in February 2011 and are trying to keep in contact with loved ones through this blog. We love comments and will respond back if you have questions or comments!! Thanks for checking us out!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...