Long Weekend - strawberry picking

Taiwan had a long weekend - Monday, and Tuesday off (Tuesday it was Peace Day and most people had already made up Monday by having to work the previous Saturday so that people could enjoy the long weekend.)  John went with two other guys down to southern Taiwan on kind of the last guys trip till the baby comes.  Also one of our friends had to have knee surgery so this was the last trip that he would take till he had recovered from surgery - which I'm guessing is from 4 to 5 months from now.  While the men were gone off exploring we were invited to a different strawberry patch to pick strawberries.  We had fun but picked SO many strawberries that I almost cringed when I realized how much I had to spend.   It was a rainy, cool day but we had fun picking our strawberries. They were HUGE strawberries too, so the kids had fun picking.  After that, we went to a restaurant that sells everything that is cooked with strawberries.  I thought it would have some waffles but nope it was traditional Chinese food.  My kids just ate white rice while I tried some of the dishes that my table ordered.  It was yummy -- but none of our dishes had strawberries in them.  Enjoyed the company of people to chit chat with.  It was basically our only adventure outside during the long weekend because the kids just wanted to play inside our house for the rest of the time. 


Comments

Popular Posts