Happy New Year 2014

Happy New Year!  2013 was a rough year to keep current on my blog.  My goal for 2014 is to have more regular posts and keep more current with my blog.

I sat down on New Year's Eve after our friend had left and wrote down all the things that I wanted to do in 2014.  I'm a list writer, don't believe me ask my husband.  (When we go on a trip, I have a notebook and write down everything we need and then check it off as it's packed! I'm sure John laughs at me!)

I wrote down things I have to get done for work and my other responsibilities.  Then I wrote down things that John and I have talked about implementing in our family life.  In December for the last two years I have done activities with the kids every day leading up to Christmas.  I love doing it and realized that I need to do it throughout the year also. It's about creating special memories with my children and also teaching them about certain things that might not be explained unless we talk about them. So I picked out holidays or special events and wrote them down as things to do.

The other thing that John and I have talked about was memorizing scripture.  Now in 2013 I wrote down bible verses that I left for up on my whiteboard for me to read and just pray over each month (I started in October) as I saw the white board and the scripture verse.  This year I am better prepared because I wrote down the bible verses I would like us to look at each month, I selected the bible verses for my kids this year and I also found a bible verse for us for the year.  I'm very excited because this has been something that John and I have been talking about and I'm hoping that I can follow through with this.

Then I looked at the things I do for fun and realized that I also needed to write goals and things that I want to do for that.  My love for photography has grown and I'm pretty sure that I need to write a blog post about that just by itself.  This year I will be working through a book called The Visual Toolbox by David duChemin, which I hope will grow and stretch me alot.  I would love to start a photography business but just don't feel like I have my act together to start charging for my photography.  I'm hoping to find my voice and to get a better handle on taking pictures so that if I ever feel comfortable taking pictures and charging people for it...I can do so without fear.

The other thing I want to do is get better at posting on my blog.  I want to write about my experiences in Taiwan (it's just overwhelming and I'm just not certain what I should share and talk about!) and I want to just be better at blogging.  This blog is kind of an online diary and a photo album of my kids life that I want to have.  I want them to have the explanations of what we did and where we went along with the pictures.

The last thing that I want to do and I say it every year but I'm SO horrible at it...I want to be better at corresponding with others.  I want to get back in the habit of making cards and then instead of holding on to them I want to send them off to people.  I want to write people and remember to mail off my letter instead of just letting them sit around doing nothing.

I have a couple of questions for you my readers - What are some things about Taiwan that you want to know about? What would you like to see more of on this blog? Keep looking back on the blog because I'm trying to catch up on 2013 but I also want to move forward with 2014.  Happy New Year!   I leave this post on one final note and that is our family verses for the  year.
I Thessalonians 5:16-18 -  Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Comments

  1. I also should try and keep up with my own blog, I did for a while and then it slipped away again. I think I will try to at least update it once a week, and with my real camera pictures, not my cell phone, sometimes i use my cell phone and I think the pictures are no where near as nice as the Nikon.

    So I would like to know if every one there knows how to speak English and if not how do you communicate ?! Do your kids learn both languages?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen...keep up your blog! I like looking at it! I like using my ipad and my big camera...but I have found that I absolutely love the pictures that my big camera takes. So pretty and much better quality!

      Good questions and I will write about the boys schooling and communication.

      Delete
  2. Ok I will try my best to continue with it and you do the same!! I took some pics on my way into to work today, it's FREEZING Here!! Pretty but cold, how is your weather?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts