Surprise Baby Shower for Baby Olson

I had a surprise baby shower from sweet friends today.  John told me that he had to go to the hospital and then we would head out for brunch.  So the kids played games while I took a shower and got ready to go.  John has been proactive recently about trying to get out as a family on Saturday and he told me that he found a new brunch place for us to try and so I thought nothing was out of the ordinary.   Then as we were driving at every stop light John was on his phone setting up a schedule for our friend who was in the hospital.  One of the people who said that they could help visit and help out was a friend who had just returned from the US and had gotten us gas drops for the baby.  So John told me that we had to go over to their house to get the gas drops because it was close to the brunch place.  I was a little bit annoyed because I was starving by that point but figured it would be nice to see my friend because I haven't seen her in a while. 

We got up to her apartment and I went inside her apartment and I basically stepped back because I felt horrible because I was interrupting an event at my friend's house.  Then as I looked around I saw that the people were people I knew and loved dearly.  They all shouted to me surprise and told me that I was having a baby shower.   It was the sweetest surprise I had!   The best thing was that there was so much yummy food and I could eat food and visit with all my friends.  

I am SO thankful for all the people who came and celebrated with our family.  We are so thankful for everyone in our life who is celebrating this sweet new little life that will be joining our family soon.  


After the baby shower we headed over to the rope park and the kids had a blast playing with other kids and climbing! 

Comments

Popular Posts