Favorite Quotes

I don't have many favorite quotes.  I've never been the type of person to quote things from books or different people mostly because I'm afraid that I'll butcher it or get it wrong.  There are quotes or signs that I have tagged on pinterest because I think that they speak to me but I wouldn't say that they are my favorite quotes.  They just are things that I have seen and appreciated.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- CS Lewis  

That quote touches my heart and reminds me continuously that I should not judge others or try to make them feel bad.  My job is just to be a friend and share the good news that Jesus saves us from our sins.  I can't do anything to make myself sinless and still continue to sin every day, so I'm thankful that God has forgiven the inexcusable in me!

"The more you read the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." -- Dr. Seuss

I love this quote by Dr. Seuss...actually I love a lot of Dr. Seuss' books and could make quotes off of his books.  I've especially started to appreciate these quotes since having kids and trying to help shape and develop their little minds with good books and help develop good imagination.  Realizing that the whole world is in front of us and if we open our minds we can learn a whole lot.

"Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand." -- Stevie Wonder

Music transports me.  Music has the ability to change my mood from some place that might be a grumpy mood to a a place where I am happy and joyful.  I have also learned especially living in foreign countries that music can be beautiful even if you don't understand the words.  The melody, the rhythm all have the ability to transport you to a different world and you can appreciate it for what it is.

"Which of my photographs is my favorite?  The one that I'm going to take tomorrow."  -- Imogen Cunningham

In 2002, my Tante Linda bought be a beautiful camera that started my love affair with photography.  John also pushed my photography further than I thought possible.  He started telling me, you have a digital camera why are you taking just one picture, take as many pictures as you want to and then just download them to your computer.  Beautiful advice from him.  I started to take more pictures and started to try to be selective of what I take pictures of.  It was the perfect way to spend the afternoon...John would drive, we would talk and we would stop so I could take pictures.  Then he got me a DSLR and my addiction for photography and capturing moments increased.  I love it and I am so grateful for photography.  It's my creative outlet and every day I feel that I am improving and growing.  

Comments

Popular Posts