Another picture opportunity

It's so hard trying to get pictures of my kids.  So when they actually volunteer to take pictures for me I jump at the chance.  Little M and Little N have been very much into matching.  They pick out their clothes and then try to match everything.  They are very proud.  Little M is potty trained and thankfully since he has gotten over being sick there have been a lot less accidents.  Now I am just cleaning bathrooms more often. Little N is learning his letters and numbers.  He is very excited to write his letters and is trying to figure out beginning sounds.  He gets very upset with me when he gets a letter wrong.  So it's sometimes a struggle. But I have a feeling it will be an ongoing struggle.
I have a hard time switching topics I think because in my head I have like a billion thoughts running through my head and sometimes I think I have said something and other times I have not said anything.  At times it makes for interesting conversations.  Anyways switching topics. I am on pinterest and I have lots of amazing ideas pinned that eventually I want to do.  Stuff for school, crafts, clothes, meals, etc.  Well I have started some of the school ideas and some of the training my children to know God.  Almost every time we get in the car I try to pray for all my kids - we pray about our day, pray for things they are struggling with, pray for things they are happy about and always thanking God for whatever it is they are thankful for.  Another thing that unfortunately stopped once Little N started Chinese Kindergarten was scripture memorization. I found an interesting thing on pinterest which was tracing your kids hands each year.  I wanted to take it a step further so I traced their hands and then picked out a scripture verse for each of the kids that I pray over them and they memorize. So I picked a bible verse for each kid wrote it on their hand prints and then laminated them.  My plan is to have a new memory verse each year and then they have a momento (their hand print) to go in their baby book.  It also is helpful for me because then I am in the habit of memorizing scripture and praying scripture over my kids.  I have not been very good at being in the word since having kids like I was.  I know this is a season but I want to be actively showing my kids how a Christian lives and they see me fail daily so I also want them to see me going to God daily.
Little N's bible verse is 2 Timothy 3:16-17 - All scripture is God-breathed & is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting & training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 


Sometime Little N and I butt heads.  I have a feeling that he has a lot of my personality in him.  He is a great kid and wants to please but he is also very sensitive, shy and sometimes is a little stubborn.  With my kids sometimes we get into arguments which result in tears, sometimes me and sometimes them.  So I needed to remember that I need to go to God's word daily to be in His word and also so I can correctly teach my children. 
Little M's bible verse for the year is Proverbs 3:5 -Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  

Little M reminds me so much of John.  I have no idea if Little M and John were the same growing up but they butt heads often.  Where I might get frustrated very easily with Little N, John tends to get very frustrated with Little M.  A lot of it is Little M being a two almost three year old who is finally learning how to communicate and we still don't quite understand everything he tells us.  But he is an amazing kiddo...very sensitive and very loving.  He is willing to go up to anyone if they are hurt and cry and comfort them.  He also has a bit of a stubborn streak, if he doesn't want to do it he won't do it.  It has to be his idea and not yours. Potty training was difficult -- I tried a couple different times and he did not want to have anything to do with it.  Then one day he decided that he wanted to try and it was fast. I am reminded often with my kids that I am not in control and I need to trust in God that he will help us as we raise our kids. 
 Little H's bible verse is Hebrews 13:18 - Pray for us. We are sure that we have a clear conscience and desire to live honorably in every way.


I'm not sure about Little H's personality and how she is going to develop.  However with having a newborn and a baby who is not able to communicate except through tears and laughter.  At times the cries at night and waking up at night is a little rough on me. So I needed a reminder to pray for my family.  Pray for my kids and my husband.  When Little H has a rough night instead of getting frustrated I should pray to God that we would live honorably and share with others the joy that we have as followers of Christ. 

Comments

Popular Posts