Snow

We have snow the ground.  Yesterday was a crazy day....I got a sub job (which is usually great) however John was away for 1/2 the week at a seminar so I had no child care.  (John usually takes care of the kids if I get a job) So I needed to take the job (well it makes for more sub jobs if I do accept and say I will teach) so I frantically racked my brain trying to figure out who would be able to take care of my kids, where I wouldn't have to drop them off because I didn't have a car to transport them.  Thankfully I thought of someone who would be able to watch the kids and she was sweet enough that she let me borrow her car to get to work and as a bonus she watched my two kids at my house for free.  (She was very sweet and I am so blessed to know her and her daughter!) My school day went fine (minus some issues that I had to deal with three kiddos......but we made it through!)  Went home to my kiddos and started to get nervous because my house was cold and we were supposed to get 6 to 8 inches of snow.  UGH......thankfully John had also heard the reports and decided that he didn't want to risk being stuck when he had to be back on Wednesday for confirmation and church stuff.  So he got back home and was able to tell me that I had started the fire just fine and that because it was so cold that's why it was taking so long for the house to warm up.  I'm thankful that John is normally in charge of the wood stove because he's so good at that! :-)  I woke up to snow on the ground and in the area.  We are under a blizzard warning for two more hours hopefully our snow doesn't stick around for Halloween.....I would like to pull my kids around in their wagon to go trick or treating!  I guess we shall see!

Comments

Popular Posts