A decision to follow Christ and my unfortunate adventure

Today was a special day, John was asked to baptize a kid who attended his youth group.  The family had moved from Poland almost a year and a half ago and he had gone through John's baptism class but the family wanted to do water immerision.  A family from church opened up their home to host the baptism because they had a pool and the space to event others to join in celebrating L's baptism decision.  It was a wonderful celebration and we rejoiced in his choice to follow Christ and be baptized.
 After the baptism most of the adults and children jumped into the pool to play in the water.  I was walking aorund in the water with Little H when all of a sudden my toe felt funny.  So I floated/hobbled over to John and handed Little H to him and showed him my toe.  I wasn't sure if it was broken or if it was dislocated, all I knew was that I needed to go to the hospital.  I thought that maybe I would keep it a secret from our hosts because I didn't want them to feel bad about nothing that they had done...it wasn't like I was goofing off and doing something that would warrant me dislocating my toe but it happened.  Finally right as I was getting dressed to go to the hospital I told them and they asked me if I would mind going to their Chinese medicine doctor whom they trust with their family.  I didn't mind and we set off.  We got into the guy and he jerked my toe around a couple of times (it didn't hurt but immediately I could feel that my toe and the nerves were back in the right place) and then slapped some wonderful smelling Chinese medicine herbs...told me to keep it on for a day and I should be right as rain. I paid the guy and we drove back to my hosts home. (Literally we were gone from their house for 40 minutes - 30 minutes drive, 10 minutes chatting and fixing my toe) The best part of the whole visit was that the bill was approximately $10.00 (us dollars).  We hung out for a little bit more before we set home to put our kids to bed.  I wish I had thought to take pictures of my toe when it was dislocated but I didn't, I just took a picture of it bandaged up.  What a day!

Comments

Popular Posts