June Memory Verse - Joshua 24:!5

June Memory Verse was a startling verse I've always heard the last part of the verse as for me and my house we will serve the Lord but I never realized that I was missing the first half of the verse.


But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”     
 - Joshua 24:15

I never realized that the first part of the verse was talking about how the Israelites needed to decide who they were going to serve.  This verse is specifically speaking to the Israelites about serving other gods and not the one true God.  But this verse is also applicable to us now -- who are we going to serve -- money, work, technology, family, friends, etc. I will fail and not always serve the Lord but my hope and my prayer is that I will serve the Lord. 
As for me and my house we will serve the Lord


Comments

Popular Posts