Christmas 2016

I think my favorite day is Christmas Day.  The kids woke up early all excited with the idea that they could open their Christmas Stockings before church.  The kids were excited that they got to go to church on Christmas Day so that they could see their friends and celebrate Christmas at church.  I was a little sad that Christmas was on a Sunday because we would be so busy with church that we couldn't spend time as a family during Christmas doing what we usually do.  It was funny and a very humbling experience to realize that my kids had a better attitude than I did for celebrating Christmas.  
Once I got to church I had a better attitude for being at church.  John lighted all five candles so that we could celebrate Christmas and it just gave made me realize how special and important it was to be at church on Christmas day.  It also was helpful to realize that there was a young woman who wanted to be baptized on Christmas Day.  The baptism made Christmas Day so much more special. I always get teary eyed when I see someone who wants to dedicate their life to Jesus and it was just made more special realizing that she was doing it on the day we celebrate Jesus birthday. 
Little H being silly before Church
Little M smiling at me before church
Little N super excited about getting a gun from grandma! 
I think my favorite picture of the whole Advent/Christmas Season!  So proud of N for reading our bible story
After church and visiting with people, we did open a small amount of Christmas gifts.  This year we slowly started opening up presents.  Our friend gave us presents on Thursday so we opened that then, then on Christmas Eve we opened up presents from another friend before the Christmas Eve service and then we had the opportunity to talk to my mom and dad on Christmas Eve and the kids opened presents from Grandpa and Grandma.  It felt like it went smoother with presents being spread out.  After Little N read Luke, we made the decision that we would open up presents that the kids picked out for each other and mom and dad.  I decided that we would open up the presents from us on Monday.  It was perfect because the kids played with the toys they had already opened and appreciated everything that was given.

Then in the afternoon we got to join some friends for a Christmas meal and Christmas party at their house.  WE also had fun and I was thankful for a time spent with friends.

Comments

Popular Posts